How do I automatically archive old emails in Outlook?
How to Turn On the AutoArchive Feature
- Select the File tab, and then select the Options tab on the File menu.
- Select the Advanced tab.
- Select AutoArchive Settings.
- Select the AutoArchive Every check box.
- If you want to be notified before the items are archived, select to select the Prompt Before AutoArchive check box.
How do I archive emails in Outlook 2012?
To manually archive Outlook items, do the following:
- Click the File tab.
- Click Cleanup Tools.
- Click Archive.
- Click the Archive this folder and all subfolders option, and then click the folder that you want to archive.
- Under Archive items older than, enter a date.
Why does my Outlook not have auto archive?
If the AutoArchive function in missing in Outlook, then there are 2 likely causes; You are using an Exchange account with Online Archive enabled. The feature has been disabled by your administrator as a corporate policy.
How do I view emails in Outlook older than 12 months?
You can go to Outlook > Backstage (File) tab > Account Settings > Account Settings > click an account > Change button to find the slider that lets you adjust the setting tfrom 12 months to All.
Does Outlook auto delete old emails?
Office 365 does not automatically delete emails as standard. You can configure Office 365 within Outlook and using retention policies to automatically delete emails. Out of the box, your emails won’t automatically be deleted when using Office 365/Microsoft 365 business email.
How do I archive Outlook to free up space?
Open the File Menu
- Open the File Menu.
- Click the “File” menu in Outlook.
- Use the Cleanup Tools Menu.
- Click the “Cleanup Tools” drop-down button next to Mailbox Cleanup under the Info submenu, then click “Archive…”
- Choose a Folder to Archive.
- Click the name of the folder you wish to archive.
- Pick Which Emails to Archive.
How do I know if auto archive is working?
How to check to see if auto-archiving is in operation:
- In Outlook, open the File tab and click on Options (in the column on the left).
- Click on Advanced, again in the column on the left.
- Click on AutoArchive Settings… in the AutoArchive section to open its dialogue box:
What is an archive mailbox in outlook for Mac?
Outlook for Microsoft 365 for Mac Outlook 2016 for Mac Outlook 2019 for Mac An online archive—also called an archive mailbox—is a place where you can store old email messages so they don’t take up space in your primary mailbox. Your IT or Microsoft 365 admin creates the archive mailbox for you.
How to auto archive old files in outlook?
Archive Older Items Automatically Outlook 1 Click File > Options > Advanced. 2 Under AutoArchive, click AutoArchive Settings. 3 Click the Run AutoArchive every n days box and specify how often to run AutoArchive. 4 Choose any other options you want, such as having Outlook delete old items instead of archiving them. See More….
How do I change autoarchive settings in outlook?
You can change how often AutoArchive runs, where it stores archived items, and how long Outlook keeps items before archiving them. Click File > Options > Advanced. Under AutoArchive, click AutoArchive Settings. Click the Run AutoArchive every n days box and specify how often to run AutoArchive.
How often does autoarchive run in outlook?
The first time that you run Outlook, AutoArchive is on by default and runs every 14 days. You can change how often AutoArchive runs, specify the Outlook data file (.pst) used to store archived items, and choose when items in your Outlook folders are subject to being archived.