How do I fix my HP scanner from failing?
Reset the printer to recover from printer errors or failures.
- If your printer has a rechargeable battery, remove it.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the power source.
- Wait 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to a wall outlet and to the printer.
How do I fix my scanner on my HP printer?
- Windows: Download HP Print and Scan Doctor. Mac: Use Diagnose & Fix through HP Smart.
- Run HPPSdr.exe from the download location on your computer.
- Once HP Print and Scan Doctor is open, click Start, and then choose your printer. If your printer is not listed, turn it on and click Retry.
- Click Fix Scanning.
How do you scan on HP Officejet 5610?
Scan a document with your Officejet 5610 and included HP digital imaging software.
- On your computer, check the bottom-right corner of the screen to confirm that the HP Digital Imaging Monitor icon is displayed with a green check mark.
- Open the top lid of the HP Officejet 5610 to expose the glass surface of the scanner.
Why is my HP scanner not scanning?
A missing or outdated scanner driver can cause your HP scanner not to work, so you should update your scanner driver up to date. There are two ways to update your scanner driver: manually and automatically.
Why won’t my computer recognize my scanner?
When a computer does not recognize an otherwise functioning scanner that is connected to it via its USB, serial or parallel port, the problem is usually caused by outdated, corrupted or incompatible device drivers. This is usually easily remedied by obtaining and installing new drivers.
Can print but won’t scan?
Check for a Firewall setting on your computer. If a Firewall on your computer is active, it may be rejecting the necessary network connection needed for the network scanning software to operate properly. Disable the Firewall on your computer and try the network scanning again.