How do I run a diagnostic on my IMAC 2011?
Start Apple Diagnostics
- Turn on your Mac and continue to press and hold the power button as your Mac starts up.
- Release when you see the startup options window, which includes a gear icon labeled Options.
- Press Command (⌘)-D on your keyboard.
How do I run a full diagnostic on my imac?
- Start up your Mac.
- Continue to press and hold the power button as your Mac turns on.
- Release the power button when the startup options window appears.
- Press Command-D to run the Diagnostics.
- Apple Diagnostics will run automatically. When it is complete, it will present a list of the problems encountered.
How do I run Intel diagnostics on my Mac?
How to Run Apple Diagnostics with Intel Processors
- Turn on your Mac, then immediately press and hold the D key on your keyboard as your Mac starts up.
- Release when you see a progress bar showing that the test is running.
- If this doesn’t start the diagnostics test, turn off your computer and restart.
How do I get Apple Diagnostics?
Press and hold Option-D at startup to use Apple Diagnostics over the Internet.
How do I troubleshoot my Mac?
Mac Basic Startup Troubleshooting Steps
- Simply try power-cycling the Mac.
- Boot up the Mac in Safe Mode.
- Run either the Apple Hardware Test (AHT) or Apple Diagnostics to uncover any potential hardware issues with the Mac.
- Reset the Mac’s System Management Controller (SMC) – Intel Macs Only.
- Reset the Mac’s NVRAM or PRAM.
How do I use Apple diagnostics to check my Mac?
Apple Diagnostics shows a progress bar while it’s checking your Mac: When testing is complete, Apple Diagnostics shows the results, including one or more reference codes. Learn about Apple Diagnostics reference codes. To repeat the test, click “Run the test again” or press Command-R.
Why can’t I start Apple diagnostics with the D key?
On an Intel-based Mac, if you can’t start Apple Diagnostics with the D key, try these solutions: 1 Press and hold Option-D at startup to use Apple Diagnostics over the internet. 2 Make sure that your Mac isn’t using a firmware password. More
How long does it take to run a diagnostic test on Mac?
Checking your Mac takes 2 or 3 minutes. If any issues are found, Apple Diagnostics suggests solutions and provides reference codes. Note the reference codes before continuing. Choose from these options: To repeat the test, click ”Run the test again” or press Command (⌘)-R.
What is the operating temperature of an iMac?
Operating temperature: 50° to 95° F (10° to 35° C) Storage temperature: -4° to 116° F (-20° to 47° C) Your iMac comes with 90 days of free telephone support and a one-year limited warranty. Purchase the AppleCare Protection Plan to extend your service and support to three years from your computer’s purchase date.