Is it bad to say stay strong?
DON’T SAY: Stay strong. When someone passes, it’s perfectly normal to break down in tears, feel weakened by the loss, or even feel absolutely exhausted. When someone tells you to be strong, they mean well, but it just feels like they’re telling you not to process your feelings.
Who said a win is a win is a win?
What do you say when you lose?
The Best Things to Say to Someone in Grief
- I am so sorry for your loss.
- I wish I had the right words, just know I care.
- I don’t know how you feel, but I am here to help in any way I can.
- You and your loved one will be in my thoughts and prayers.
- My favorite memory of your loved one is…
- I am always just a phone call away.
How do you encourage someone after losing a game?
Here are some ideas:
- Teach life lessons.
- Tell them you are proud of them.
- Focus on the good qualities of the players.
- Tell them that you love them.
- Focus on good things that happened during the season.
- Be there for them.
- Put things in perspective.
Why is losing bad?
Besides the blow to the ego, losing actually hurts; not in an abstract way, but in a very real manner! It makes your stomach churn, changes your blood pressure, constricts thousands of muscles, impairs decision making, elevates stress, reduces testosterone, causes dopamine deprival, and much more.
What did Vince Lombardi say about winning?
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don’t do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
How do I comfort my boyfriend after losing a game?
When in doubt, go with food.
- Then let him grieve, and be OK grieving with him.
- Don’t downplay the loss or say that the loss doesn’t matter.
- Let him know you are proud of him, and tell him why.
- Do go over his good moments playing.
- Do create little victories.
How do you lose graciously?
Here are a few simple ways to teach kids how to lose graciously.
- Shift the focus.
- Be a good loser.
- Let them win—sometimes.
- Be careful with firsts.
- Read books about good sportsmanship.
- Finally, if your child is really upset, walk them through their loss.
How do you comfort?
How Do We Comfort Someone?
- 1. “ Witness their feelings”
- Affirm that their feelings make sense.
- Draw out their feelings inorder to better understand what they feel.
- Don’t minimize their pain or focus only on cheering them up.
- Offer physical affection if appropriate.
- Affirm your support and commitment.
Why is winning better than losing?
Losing Prevents Complacency Confidence is great, but losing helps remind us that somewhere, someone else is potentially bigger, better and stronger. When we win all the time, we can become complacent, resting on our laurels and refusing to grow. Losing on the other hand can drive us to always improve and grow.