What happened on this day in history October 9?
9 Oct, 1936 U.S.A. Hoover Dam 1936 : The Hoover Dam begins creating hydroelectric power which it sends over transmission lines spanning 266 miles of mountains and deserts to run the lights, radios, and stoves of Los Angeles.
What is October 9th National day?
October 9, 2021 – NATIONAL PRO-LIFE CUPCAKE DAY – NATIONAL LEIF ERIKSON DAY – PANS/PANDAS AWARENESS DAY – NATIONAL MOLDY CHEESE DAY – NATIONAL MOTORCYCLE RIDE DAY – I LOVE YARN DAY – NATIONAL COSTUME SWAP DAY – NATIONAL CHESS DAY.
What are the special days in October?
- October 1st – World Vegetarian Day.
- October 2nd – National Custodial Worker Day.
- October 2nd – World Smile Day (First Friday of the month)
- October 4th – National Frappe Day.
- October 5th – World Teacher’s Day.
- October 9th – Fire Prevention Day.
- October 9th – World Egg Day (Second Friday of the month)
Is National Girlfriends day Real?
There’s a National Girlfriends Day celebrated every year on August 1. It’s not a holiday in the sense that you get the day off from work, though that would be nice. But National Girlfriends Day is a bonding occasion for women and girls to spend time doing fun together and showing appreciation for their friendship.
What special days are in October 2021?
Important days in October 2021: October, the tenth month of the calendar, holds some important national and international events including Gandhi Jayanti, United Nations Day, World Mental Health Day, International Day of Non-Violence, Rashtriya Ekta Diwas, World Animal Welfare Day, and many more.
Which day is ex boyfriend day?
It’s Ex Boyfriend day on the 3rd of October.
What animal is for October?
October birth symbols: Scorpio. Animal: Dog. Stone: Tourmaline (Pink)
What is the most important day in October?
Important days in October
- 2 October: Gandhi Jayanti.
- 4 October: World Animal Welfare Day.
- 5 October: World Teacher’s Day.
- 8 October: Indian Air Force Day.
- 9 October: World Post Day.
- 10 October: World Mental Health Day.
- 11 October: International Day of Girl Child.
- 13 October: Maha Ashtami.
What is October month known for?
October is best known for its Halloween festivities, but it’s also a month loaded with national and global celebrations. In addition to spooky revelry, October’s schedule includes multiple days on the topic of bullying awareness.