Which annual flowers are good in the shade?
14 Annual Flowers for Shade
- Tuberous begonia (Begonia x tuberhybrida)
- Summer Wave Bouquet Wishbone Flower (Torenia fournieri ‘Summer Wave Bouquet’)
- ‘Dragon Wing’ Begonia (Begonia ‘Dragon Wing’)
- Snowstorm ‘Blue Bubbles’ Bacopa (Sutera hybrid)
- New Guinea impatiens (Impatiens hawkeri)
What pretty flowers grow in shade?
Astilbe needs shade so its pretty flower plumes won’t fry in the sun. Plant these perennials in drifts, or clumps, for best effect with other spring-flowering shade-lovers such as ferns and hellebores. It comes in many shades including pale pink, creamy white, and hot pink.
What shade plant blooms all summer?
17 Best Shade Loving Perennials That Bloom All Summer
- Geraniums – Pelargonium.
- Lungwort – Pulmonaria officinalis.
- Primrose – Primula vulgaris.
- Bluestar – Amsonia.
- Bleeding Heart – Lamprocapnos.
- False goat’s beard – Astilbe.
- Barrenwort (Fairy Wings) – Epimedium.
- Monkshood or Wolf’s Bane – Aconitum.
Which impatiens do best in shade?
Impatiens like this ‘Firefly Watermelon’ variety, are a shade-loving annual. Try the ‘Firefly Watermelon’ impatiens in shady areas of your garden. Try the ‘Firefly Watermelon’ impatiens in shady areas of your garden.
Are begonias good for shade?
They do best in situations with shade or morning sun/afternoon shade. Most varieties have flowers that hang down a little, making tuberous begonias ideal for hanging baskets and window boxes rather than garden beds and borders. No matter where you grow them, make sure they have good drainage to prevent rot.
Will annual geraniums grow in shade?
Most annual geraniums need a spot in full sun, except for the ivy geranium, which grows best in light shade.
Can New Guinea impatiens tolerate full shade?
Second, New Guinea impatiens tolerate more sun than traditional bedding impatiens. New Guineas grow in full or part shade. They thrive in a spot that receives morning sunlight and afternoon shade. In warmest zones where summers are hot and humid, New Guinea impatiens definitely benefit from light shade.
Can impatiens grow in complete shade?
Most kinds of Impatiens flowers like partial to full shade, but some kinds of Impatiens have been bred specifically to thrive in the sun.