How do I view stored procedure data?
If a stored procedure returns a value to the calling program then we need to declare a variable in the calling program. The DECLARE clause is used to declare a variable in the calling program. To check validation we use IF ELSE statement exists function.
How do I get the results of a SQL stored procedure?
- create a table variable to hold the result set from the stored proc and then.
- insert the output of the stored proc into the table variable, and then.
- use the table variable exactly as you would any other table…
How do I view a SQL stored procedure in a table?
Using below mentioned important T-SQL query, we can get the list of the tables used in the stored procedure.
- NAME as ‘List Of Tables’
- FROM SYSOBJECTS.
- WHERE ID IN ( SELECT SD.DEPID.
- FROM SYSOBJECTS SO,
- SYSDEPENDS SD.
- WHERE SO. NAME = ‘Sp_ListTables’ —-name of stored procedures.
- AND SD.ID = SO.ID.
How do I view the content of a stored procedure in SQL Server?
Expand Databases, expand the database in which the procedure belongs, and then expand Programmability. Expand Stored Procedures, right-click the procedure and then select Script Stored Procedure as, and then select one of the following: Create To, Alter To, or Drop and Create To. Select New Query Editor Window.
How do I view a stored procedure in SQL server query?
First, run SQL Server Management Studio and connect to the Database Engine. Next, under Object Explorer, expand the database in which you have created a procedure, and then expand “Programmability” option. Next, expand “Stored Procedures”, right-click the procedure you want and then select “View Dependencies” option.
How do I return a stored procedure from ResultSet in SQL Server?
To create a stored procedure that returns result sets:
- Use the DYNAMIC RESULT SETS clause in the CREATE/REPLACE PROCEDURE statement to specify the number of result sets the stored procedure returns.
- Use a DECLARE CURSOR statement to declare a result set cursor for each result set the stored procedure returns.
How do I get text from all Stored Procedures in SQL Server?
Search text in stored procedure in SQL Server
- SELECT DISTINCT.
- o.name AS Object_Name,
- FROM sys.sql_modules m.
- INNER JOIN.
- sys.objects o.
- ON m.object_id = o.object_id.
- WHERE m. definition Like ‘%[ABD]%’;
How do I get text from all stored procedures in SQL Server?
How to know if a stored procedure was executed correctly?
The Oracle docs just say “LAST_CALL_ET NUMBER The last call”. November 15, 2002 – 8:19 pm UTC. If a session is currently ACTIVE, this is the number of seconds the statement it is executing has been ACTIVE. If a session is currently INACTIVE, this is how long its been inactive.
What is the difference between a stored procedure and a view?
Views act as virtual tables.
What is a stored procedure and how is it used?
– IN: It is the default parameter that will receive input value from the program – OUT: It will send output value to the program – IN OUT: It is the combination of both IN and OUT. Thus, it receives from, as well as sends a value to the program
How to create a simple stored procedure?
– First, specify the name of the stored procedure that you want to create after the CREATE PROCEDURE keywords. – Second, specify a list of comma-separated parameters for the stored procedure in parentheses after the procedure name. – Third, write the code between the BEGIN END block. The above example just has a simple SELECT statement.